Thursday, February 18, 2010

I was so touched


In contrast to the previous post, I was so touched and pleased watching Sammi's concert on 302!

To be honest, I was not a big fan of Sammi as I was growing up at times of Anita Mui and Leslie Cheung. To me, Sammi was a close imitation of Anita, no doubt as Sammi also idolised Anita very much. I liked listening to her songs though, but would never enjoy watching her on TV. However, when I was watching the programme the other night, there was this strange feeling that reminded me of the days when I used to listen to Sammi's songs - in the 90s! Memories flipped. I remembered how Sammi suddenly disappeared from the HK music scene after the movie Chang Hen Ge. She must have gone through a terrible time for the past 2 years and here she is, standing on stage singing to us again. I was so touched that my tears were rolling as I was singing with her. From that moment on, I think I have grown to like her more. Perhaps I was trying to see her as Anita's replacement, but frankly speaking, I don't think there is anyone who can as good as Sammi after Anita, Sally, Sandy and Faye. To me, the young singers out there in the HK music scene are too far to catch up although many of them are talented. The music industry destroys them itself.

We don't want singers as there are plenty of them out there - those who can sing, those who cannot sing, those who claim they can sing.... What we want are legends like Anita Mui. Sammi is going to be one too!

No comments: